January 04, 2016
Filed In: Philosophy
2016 is officially here! As is my tradition, I wanted to share with you my goals for the upcoming year. Just as I did last year, my goals are balanced across all areas of my life: financial, spiritual, intellectual, career, social, family, and fun. Sharing them with you is a great way for me to stay accountable to them. I began my goal planning at the end of November and started actually working on my goals in mid-December.
Before sharing my 2016 goals, I want to go over the results of my 2015 goals
- Make Catholic Husband the best blog on the Internet. While I'm not there yet, I made substantial progress towards improving the blog in both content and presentation. The website itself is much cleaner and more streamlined. I don't foresee many changes in the design happening in 2016 (to Alison's great relief). I was successful in publishing regularly and am very proud, and frankly a bit surprised, that I reached this goal.
- Make Catholic Husband self-sufficient. Goal achieved, in a big way! I started doing freelance web design and was able to completely reimburse our family budget for all Catholic Husband spending, as well as provide an additional revenue stream. This was a big goal for me and I'm so glad that I was able to achieve it.
- I'm going to launch my first iOS app this year. Well, that didn't happen. When I got into I realized that I simply didn't have enough time to learn how to code and maintain an app. Additionally, the cost benefit analysis pointed to a low possible return. I think I was wise to quit this goal.
- Reach my weight goal. Another miss. In fact, I'm further from my goal than I was a year ago. This is mainly due to my headaches and the medication that I take for them. It was a hard year to push forward. Look for this goal again for 2016.
- Read for 30 minutes a day. This was a mixed result. I didn't complete 2 books per month and I was more successful in the beginning of the year than at the end. I attribute this to two causes. First, I spent more time reading the paper than books and second, my work in web design took up more of my free time.
Here's what's up for 2016.
- Double my web design gross revenue. I need to pick up 2-3 new clients each month in order to make this happen. It's attainable, but I need to get intentional about prospecting and selling.
- Reach my weight goal by August 1st. If I stick to my plan, I only need to lose about 1 pound per week. It's doable, with diligence. Not only will this help me with my energy and creativity, but it'll earn lots of healthcare incentive money through our insurance.
- Become a Glider flight instructor this Fall. I have a lot of studying to do, but this is also an attainable goal and something that would be amazing!
- Publish 5 blogs per week. Same as last year, but still important. It'll end up being 260 unique posts.
- Do something social with Benedict at least once per week. Now that we have wheels, I want to continue to socialize Benedict. I'm going to carve out time for us to do that.
- Pray daily with my family. It has been hit or miss in the past, so I want to make this a non-negotiable part of our routine this year.
- Read 24 books by the end of the year. I can do it, but I need to make the time.
What's going on in 2016 for you?